Friday, March 23, 2012

Huge Sandwich for Breakfast

I used to wake up 30mins earlier just to prepare breakfast for Max last time. That was last time lah. So... I'm very happy if he didn't ask why I stopped doing that now. Ha! You won't understand. Cuddling under my comforter for another 10mins before I wake up is something really priceless. *Shhh...*

We went Marche Restaurant for dinner last night, and and when we were queueing to foot our bill, we saw varieties of french loafs displayed there, and we were eyeing on the one with a tag mentioned "Light Bread". And so, Max suggest me to grab one for breakfast. After buying the bread, we walk to Cold Storage to pick some ham to go with it.

So, I wake up earlier this morning and prepared this...

This is for him. A real huge one.

Let's see what we have in there...



Ingredient (Serves 3)
  • 1 loaf of shop-bought french bread. You just choose your preference. With this 10 inch loaf, I prepared 3 shares.
  • 3 slices of Rosemary half-bonned Ham
  • 3 slices of Honey Baked Ham
  • 3 eggs (Pan-fried eggs)
  • a handful of Mozarella Cheese for every serving. You can use cheddar.
  • Some butterhead. Or you can use lettuce. It's up to you.
  • a dash of pepper on every serving
  • some Tomato Ketchup for finishing

Method
1. Pan-fry eggs, set aside.

2. Give the ham a quick pan fry. It's like a quick heat-up. I prefer this way. But you could opt out if you feel lazy. It can be eaten just like that.

3. Assemble everything - Bread, Rosemary Ham, Honey Ham, Fried Eggs, a dash of pepper, squeeze in some ketchup, cheese and Bread.

4. Using HappyCall Pan (or oven), lightly toast it, to let the cheese melt.

5. Sandwich Butterhead / lettuce in-between and serve.


I prepared 4 servings actually. 1 for myself, 1 for Max, 1 for my Mother In Law, and another one for Kuan Lok (our good friend cum tenant). With the situation of bread shortage, as the loaf that I bought only good enough for 3 servings, I serve Kuan Lok Gardenia Wholemeal bread instead. I hope he's happy with it.

But I have to confess that the bread that we bought from Marche is a lil' too hard in texture. It's really tiring to chew, and I was like, kinda messy after I finished the whole bread. Lots of bread crumbs dropped all over when I bite on it. I would prefer softer bread tho. Maybe Ciabatta or Focaccia would be good.

Okay.. Take a look at the picture again, the layers of ingredients and the beautiful loaf with sesame on it.

Lovely!

To me, breakfast must be something fast, not messy, and convenient. So, this need to be wrapped, and packed nicely...


And it's ready to go now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment